The ferry Elk was built with 100-horsepower Fairbanks-Morse diesel engine by Skansie Bros. for service on the Steilacoom-Longbranch Island route under contract to Pierce County. Later sold to Crosby Direct Line Ferries and renamed Airline.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped 1931.
65' x 25'
Designed by L.H. Coolidege, Seattle naval architect, and built by Ballard Marine Railway company for Berte Olsen. Used on the Deception Pass route at first, then Port Gamble-Shine on Hood Canal.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Sold; likely scrapped.
|BUILT: 1903, A-Florence K; B-Gloria
97' x 26'
Operated by Tacoma Ferry Company and Crosby Direct Line Ferries and renamed Beeline after the steamer was converted toa ferry in 1926. The Beeline was acquired by the Navy to operate between Indian Island and Hadlock during Word War II.
FINAL DISPOSTION: Unknown, likely scrapped after WWII.
|CITY of CLINTON|
|CENTRAL II||CITY of ANGELES|
58' x 22'
Name: CITY OF CLINTON
Ship Type: Ferry
Built at Clinton, Washington for service to Everett.
FINAL DISPOSITION: On March 23, 1929 while enroute the ferry caught fire and sank off Mukilteo.
|BUILT 1906, As City of Long Beach
125' x 35'
Owned by the Port Angeles Transportation Co, later PSN Co.
Converted to ferry in 1923 for the Anacortes and Sidney, B. C., with stops at Orcas and Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands, by the Victoria - Anacortes Ferry Co., headed by Capt. Harry W. Crosby. Transferred ownership when PSN bought out Crosby.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped 1938.
60' x 19'
The 65-foot ferry Central II was chartered from Mrs. Berte Olson by Puget Sound Freight Lines to run with the Pioneer on the Gooseberry Point - Orcas Island crossing.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Destroyed by fire on August 20, 1931.
|CITY of STEILACOOM|
|CITY of EDMONDS|
|CITY of MUKILTEO|
110' x 26'
Built by the Skansie Brothers, the City of Steilacoom, operated between Tacoma and Fox Island by Pierce County. Reengined in 1952. Put out of work by bridge in 1954.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped at Steilacoom, 1975.
104' x 35'
Used by PSN for Mulkilteo-Columbia Beach run.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Destroyed by fire April 1932.
56' x 20'
Built for Sound Ferry Lines.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Destroyed by fire September 1926.
|CITY of TACOMA||CLATAWA|
86' x 28'
Steamer used by the Alki Point Transportation Co, converted to a ferry in 1935 and sold several times. Worked on the Port Townsend-Keystone route, Kingston Edmonds. Sold to Berte Olson for use on Hood Canal. Sold finally to US Navy during WWII.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Destroyed by fire in 1958.
124' x 43'
Autoferry service began on the Narrows route between Tacoma and Gig Harbor in 1921 when the Skansie Brothers completed the City of Tacoma. The ferry had a capacity of 35 automobiles and 300 passengers. Reengined as a diesel in 1927.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Sank at Yarrow Bay,.
65' x 24'
Built for use on the Deception Pass route by Berte Olson.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Turned into a scow, still in use and moored in Anacortes.
116' x 37'
Built by the Skansie Brothers on Gig Harbor run.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Destroyed by fire in June 1929.
61' x 28'
The small ferry Hiyu was launched in March 1924 as the first vessel built by the Houghton plant of the Lake Washington Shipyards for the Kitsap County Transportation Company. Worked various routes on Puget Sound including Point White-Bremerton.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Abandon and destroyed 1968.
|BUILT: 1916 A-Robert Bridges
101' x 31'
Built for the Manette-Bremerton route. Rebuilt and renamed in 1923 as the Mount Vernon, used on the Anacortes-Sidney route.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped about 1952.
61' x 22'
Used by Berte Olson.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Abandoned and scrapped 1951.
|BUILT: 1908 A-Vashonian.
122' x 34'.
Converted to ferry in 1923 and renamed, used for Anacortes-Sidney B.C. Run.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Sank in 1951.
|BUILT: 1930 A-Relief
93' x 38'
Built as Washington Navigation Company's Relief on the Narrows route. Put out of work by Tacoma Narrows Bridge, 1950.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped 1951.
160' x 48'
Operated between West Seattle and down town. Retired and used as a machine shop.?
FINAL DISPOSITION: Scrapped 1950's