Built by Swan & Hunter Ltd, Newcastle, England
Length: 300' Beam: 58' Draft: 15' Tonnage: 3167 (final)
The Canadian Pacific Railway, already operating the fastest and handsomest ocean steamships in service from the Northwest, introduced a new standard
ofspeed and elegance to Puget Sound with the arrival of the splendid three-funnel steel steamship Princess Victoria from the yards of Swan & Hunter,
Newcastle. A twin-screw steamer of 1,943 tons, 300 x 40.5 x 15.4, her triple expansion engines of 6,000 horsepower gave her a top speed of 20 knots. She
had accommodations for 1,000 day passengers and 152 overnight passengers in 76 staterooms. After coming outfrom England under her own power the
Princess Victoria joined the Princess Beatrice on the international triangle run between Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver, commanded by Capt. George Rudlin,
and later by Captain Pat Hickey. Gordon Newell, "Maritime Events of 1903," H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest., p. 90.
Additional Seattle-Victoria automobile service was provided the following year (1930) with the return to service the pioneer CPR three-stacker Princess
Victoria, entirely rebuilt and widened 18 feet at Yarrows in Esquimalt to handle 60 automobiles. The old Princess Vic as she was affectionately known on both
sides of the international line, had lost little of her noted speed was indicated by her performance of 19 knots on trials following her rebuilding. Ibid, page 397.
1952: Retired and sold to Tahsis and Co. and converted to a barge.