Built by: B.C. Marine Railway Co. Ltd., Esquimalt, British Columbia
Length: 232.r' Beam: 38' Draft: 14.5' Tonnage: 1777
The Veteran CPR West Coast of Vancouver Island steamer Tees was replaced in 1913 by the new Princess Maquinna, a single-screw vessel. With a service
speed of 13 knots, she had accommodations for 400 day passengers and state room facilities for 100. She was under construction at B.C. Marine Railway Co
when that firm was purchased by Sir Alfred Yarrow of the great Glasgow shipbuilding firm of Yarrow, and placed under the management of Sir Alfredâ€™s son,
Norman, the Princess Maquinna being the first British Columbia vessel launched under Yarrows designation. She was christened by Mrs. W. Fitzherbert
Bullen, a granddaughter of Sir James Doulgas, founder of Victoria and father of British Columbia, and the wife of the head of the B.C. Marine Railway. Upon
completion, Captain Edward Gillam transferred to Princess Maquinna from Tees, remaining in charge for twenty years. Gordon Newell, The HW McCurdy
Marine History of the Pacific Northwest, page 218.
The veteral C. P. R. liner Princess Maquinna, which had established a warm place for herself in the hearts of Vancouver Island residents during her four
decades of service on that arduous route, was dismantled at Vancouver, her hull being converted to a towed cargo barge renamed Taku. Ibid, p. 592.
1952: Stripped to hull, in use as barge as Taku.