|THE LOST BOATS II
The long forgotten fleet of small ferryboats on Puget Sound.
Length: 110' Beam:26'
Owner: Washington Navigation Co
Where today: Scrapped
|Built: 1916, renamed Mercer, later Islander in Los Angeles, CA.
Length: 120' Beam:36'
Owner: King County, LA Harbor Department
Where today: Sank 1970's
|Built: 1930 as Relief
Length: 93' Beam:38'
Owner: Washington Navigation Co, KCTC, PSN Co.
Where today: Scrapped 1951.
Length: 160' Beam:48'
Owner: West Seattle Land and Improvement; Port of Seattle; Lake Washington Shipyards, Truutle Marine
Where today: Scrapped 1950's
|Built: 1925, renamed Fox Island; George S. Pearson in 1955
Length: 89' Beam:32'
Owner: Washington Navigation Company, Horluck Transportation, Olympic Ferries, B.C. Ferries
Where today: Likely scrapped.
|The bulk of this information comes from the long out of print book Ferryboats: A Legend on Puget Sound by M.S. Klein and George Bayless.
Special thanks to the auhtors of the book for tracking down these long forgotten boats, presented here for easy of access for those who do not have a copy of this book in their collection.